Himalayan Salt Mortar and Pestle
Add a delicious new twist to your favourite foods with our Himalayan salt mortar and pestle — perfect for preparing and serving guacamole and other rustic dips. Adding a delicate salty flavour, these tools are also great for grinding and pounding herbs, spices and garlic to make everything from pesto to seasoning rubs.
- Hand-carved from solid pieces of iridescent pink crystal mined from the foothills of the Himalayas.
- Using a classic mortar and pestle gives you optimal control over flavour and texture.
- Crystalline salt tools are rich in nutritious minerals — and are naturally anti-microbial.
- Like all pieces made from natural materials, each tool is a unique work of art.
Dimensions & More Info
- Mortar: 16.5 cm diam.; 8 cm high.
- Made in Pakistan.
Use & Care
- After many uses, the mortar and pestle will eventually become too small for optimal use. When that happens, simply grind the remaining salt for sprinkling on foods.
- Clean the mortar and pestle with a damp cloth, using a soft brush to remove food particles.
- After cleaning, dry thoroughly in a warm oven to prevent dissolution of the salt.
We offer three types of delivery (Small Parcel, Standard, Deluxe) determined by the products in your order. A product’s delivery type is displayed under the "Stock Status" information on each product page online. Delivery charges are determined by your delivery destination and are charged per order. Multiple-product orders are charged according to the product with the highest delivery type. Sometimes products may arrive separately but you will only be charged one delivery fee per order. If orders ship separately, they may ship according to the ship mode specifically for the item being delivered and not the highest delivery mode for the order
Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes.
For pricing and further details, visit our Delivery Information Page.
NOTE: In some areas, we are unable to provide our full Deluxe service.