Himalayan Salt Plate with Basting Well
Enter your postcode for estimated delivery cost.
Free delivery on orders over $99 (excluding furniture).
Our mineral-rich salt plate is a simple, beautiful way to enhance food with subtle, savoury character. Ideal for cooking on the barbecue then serving on the table, this versatile piece features a well that collects juice for basting. Made from a hand-cut slab of iridescent, fossilised crystal mined from the foothills of the Himalayas, the plate can also be chilled to use for serving everything from artisanal cheese and fruit to sushi and sashimi.
- Mineral-rich pink Himalayan salt adds delicate flavour to food.
- Retains hot and cold temperatures evenly; safe from -200°C to 800°C.
- Harvested from ancient Himalayan sea salt deposits.
- Heat on the barbecue to cook thin cuts of meat, fish and shellfish.
- Chill in the refrigerator to serve cold appetisers, cheese, sushi and fruit.
- Naturally antimicrobial and easy to clean.
Dimensions & More Info
- 30 cm x 20 cm x 4 cm high.
- Well depth is 5 mm.
- 5.2 kg.
- Made in Pakistan.
Use & Care
- Salt plate must be completely dry prior to using on barbecue.
- With time and use, the plate's shape will get smaller and the colour will change.
- Heat plate gradually (from 30–60 minutes, depending on heating method) to arrive at the optimal cooking temperature of 150°C to 200°C. Once the plate reaches temperature, you can either continue to cook over the heat, or transfer the plate to a heat-safe surface and cook off the retained heat.
- Safe for use on the barbecue or gas range, or chilled in the refrigerator.
- Not recommended for oven use.
- Scrub with a mildly abrasive brush, then wipe with a damp cloth.
- Dry on a rack for at least 24 hours before using again.
- Do not immerse in water or leave under running water.
We offer three types of delivery (Small Parcel, Standard, Deluxe) determined by the products in your order. A product’s delivery type is displayed under the "Stock Status" information on each product page online. Delivery charges are determined by your delivery destination and are charged per order. Multiple-product orders are charged according to the product with the highest delivery type. Sometimes products may arrive separately but you will only be charged one delivery fee per order. If orders ship separately, they may ship according to the ship mode specifically for the item being delivered and not the highest delivery mode for the order
Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes.
For pricing and further details, visit our Delivery Information Page.
NOTE: In some areas, we are unable to provide our full Deluxe service.