KAI Luna 3-Piece Essential Set
Enter your postcode for estimated delivery cost.
Free delivery on orders over $149 (excluding furniture).
Kai, one of Japan's largest and most historic knife companies, has developed Kai Luna to offer superior knife design at an affordable price. Each knife has a high-carbon stainless-steel blade that is mirror-polished and finished with unique hammered detail. This three-piece set includes the knives every kitchen needs: a chef's knife, a utility knife, and a paring knife. The trio can handle a multitude of tasks, from boning and filleting to peeling and mincing.
- Three-piece set includes 9 cm paring knife, 15 cm utility knife and 20 cm chef's knife.
- Traditional Japanese hammered finish helps release food more easily.
- Mirror polishing with graze-finish edge increases stain and corrosion resistance.
- German DIN1.4116 high-carbon stainless-steel blade is hand-sharpened on a whetstone and holds a super-sharp edge.
- The paring knife's wider blade helps minimise effort and keeps fingers away from cutting surface.
- 16-degree cutting edge is razor-sharp and more precise than standard Western-style knives.
- Lightweight, soft-grip handle has rubberised inserts for a comfortable, secure grip.
- Coordinating sheaths protect blades and makes storage safe and easy.
Dimensions & More Info
- 9 cm paring knife: 9 cm-long blade, 13 cm-long handle; 74 g.
- 15 cm utility knife: 15 cm-long blade, 13 cm-long handle; 99 g.
- 20 cm chef's knife: 20 cm-long blade, 13 cm-long handle; 164 g.
- Blade composition: German DIN1.4116 high-carbon stainless steel.
- Handle composition: stainless steel with BPA-free polypropylene inserts.
- Made in China.
Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
We offer four types of delivery (Small Parcel, Small Standard, Standard, Deluxe) determined by the products in your order. A product's delivery type is displayed under the "Stock Status" information on each product page online. Delivery charges are determined by your delivery destination and are charged per order. Multiple-product orders are charged according to the product with the highest delivery type. Sometimes products may arrive separately but you will only be charged one delivery fee per order. Also, products delivered separately may be sent via the delivery type of that product rather than the overall order.
Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes.
For pricing and further details, visit our Delivery Information Page.
NOTE: In some areas, we are unable to provide our full Deluxe service.