In Italy, Christmas and New Year’s would be incomplete without a panettone on the table. One Italian legend traces the bread’s origins to a poor baker named Tonio, who developed a special bread to earn the dowry for his daughter to marry a nobleman. The delicious creation – known as pan de Tonio – was a hit and allowed Tonio to ensure his daughter’s fortuitous match. Few can rival our Italian version from Pasticceria Scarpato, panettone bakers since 1888. Enriched with golden raisins and a generous allotment of glazed chestnuts, the bread is high and light thanks to several risings.
- Serve panettone with coffee, tea or sweet dessert wine such as Vin Santo.
- Its flavour and texture also make it ideal for French toast or bread pudding.
- Made in Italy by the venerable Pasticceria Scarpato in Legnago, in the province of Verona, using an exceptional recipe they developed in 1888.
- 1 kg (serves 12).
- Hand wrapped and packaged in a festive, reusable gift tin.
- Pieces of candied chestnuts 22% (chestnut pieces 61%, sugar, glucose syrup, natural vanilla flavour), wheat flour, eggs, butter, natural yeast, sugar, glucose syrup, raisins sultana 4%, emulsifier: mono and diglycerides of fatty acids, egg yolk, salt, skimmed milk powder, natural vanilla flavour, preservative: sorbic acid.
We offer three types of delivery (Small Parcel, Standard, Deluxe) determined by the products in your order. A product’s delivery type is displayed under the “Stock Status” information on each product page online. Delivery charges are determined by your delivery destination and are charged per order. Multiple-product orders are charged according to the product with the highest delivery type. Sometimes products may arrive separately but you will only be charged one delivery fee per order.
NOTE: In some areas, we are unable to provide our full Deluxe service. For pricing and further details, visit our Delivery Information Page.
Once your order has been fulfilled at our Distribution Centre (for in-stock items allow up to 3 working days to receive your Order Fulfilment email), it will ship to you according to the following timetable:
|Sydney, Melbourne & Brisbane||1-3 business days|
|Regional NSW, VIC & QLD; ACT||2-4 business days|
|Country NSW, VIC & QLD; SA||3-7 business days|
|TAS, WA, NT, North QLD||7-10 business days|
*Transit times listed are estimates and are not guaranteed.
Please provide a street address for delivery – we cannot ship to PO Boxes.