Ruffoni Historia Copper Shallow Braiser with Artichoke Finial
Hand-hammered by master coppersmiths at the Ruffoni workshop in the Italian Alps, this shallow copper pan is a spectacular piece for cooking and serving braised recipes. Copper excels for stovetop browning and transitions beautifully to the oven for slow simmering. Crowning the domed lid is a hand-cast bronze knob shaped like artichokes and leaves.
- 4 L cap.
- Crafted of hand-hammered copper for excellent heat conductivity.
- Interior is lined with durable, nonreactive tin.
- Elegant copper pan transitions beautifully from stovetop or oven to table.
- Riveted bronze handles.
- Tin-lined copper lid is crowned with a hand-cast bronze artichoke knob.
Dimensions & More Info
- 3.8 L cap.
- 29 cm diam., 7 cm high, 13 cm high including lid.
- 2 kg.
- Made in Italy.
Use & Care
- Ideal for gas and electric cooktops; not compatible with induction cooktops.
- Oven safe to 425°F.
- To protect the tin lining from damage, do not heat the pan empty or at temperatures above 425°F.
- Use wood, plastic or heat-resistant nylon tools to avoid scratching the tin lining.
- Allow pan to cool before washing.
- Hand-wash; dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads or harsh detergents.
- Copper will develop a rich patina over time. This will not affect the pan's cooking performance. To keep the exterior looking new, use a copper polish or a combination of lemon and salt.
- The tin lining protects foods from reacting with copper but will become discolored over time. This is normal. Depending on the frequency of use and types of food cooked, the tin lining may eventually have to be replaced. To prolong the lining's usefulness, avoid cooking acidic ingredients in your tin-lined cookware.
We offer three types of delivery (Small Parcel, Standard, Deluxe) determined by the products in your order. A product’s delivery type is displayed under the "Stock Status" information on each product page online. Delivery charges are determined by your delivery destination and are charged per order. Multiple-product orders are charged according to the product with the highest delivery type. Sometimes products may arrive separately but you will only be charged one delivery fee per order. If orders ship separately, they may ship according to the ship mode specifically for the item being delivered and not the highest delivery mode for the order
Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes.
For pricing and further details, visit our Delivery Information Page.
NOTE: In some areas, we are unable to provide our full Deluxe service.