Shun Classic 2-Piece Carving Set
Enter your postcode for estimated delivery cost.
Free delivery on orders over $149 (excluding furniture).
This Japanese-crafted set is an elegant choice for carving meat and poultry at the table. The long-tined fork holds food securely in place while the supersharp knife carves thin, uniform slices. The handles are sculpted for a secure, comfortable grip.
- Two-piece set includes 23 cm Hollow-Ground slicing knife and matching stainless-steel carving fork.
- The knife's longer blade lets you make precise slices with a single stroke, and the narrower profile and hollow-ground indentations help the blade glide through meat with less friction.
- VG-MAX "super steel" blade is clad on each side with 34 microthin layers of stainless steel, creating a variegated look reminiscent of a Damascus-style blade.
- Exceedingly sharp cutting edge has a 16-degree angle for making cleaner cuts – which help keep more of the juices and flavour in the meat – and is long-lasting and easy to maintain.
- Durable PakkaWood handles resist moisture and have a D shape, to sit comfortably in the hand.
- This NSF-certified knife meets the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
Dimensions & More Info
- Knife: 23 cm-long blade; 15 cm-long handle; 164 g.
- Fork: 28 cm long overall; 240 g.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
We offer four types of delivery (Small Parcel, Small Standard, Standard, Deluxe) determined by the products in your order. A product's delivery type is displayed under the "Stock Status" information on each product page online. Delivery charges are determined by your delivery destination and are charged per order. Multiple-product orders are charged according to the product with the highest delivery type. Sometimes products may arrive separately but you will only be charged one delivery fee per order. Also, products delivered separately may be sent via the delivery type of that product rather than the overall order.
Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes.
For pricing and further details, visit our Delivery Information Page.
NOTE: In some areas, we are unable to provide our full Deluxe service.