Shun Classic Dual-Density Utility Knife
Enter your postcode for estimated delivery cost.
Free delivery on orders over $149 (excluding furniture).
This innovative knife is one of the most versatile in the kitchen, thanks to a unique dual-frequency serrated blade that cuts easily through crusts of bread or soft foods like tomatoes. It’s handcrafted in Japan by Shun, whose exceptional craftsmanship reflects a centuries-old tradition of Japanese knife making.
- VG-10 “super steel” blade is clad on each side with 16 microthin layers of high-carbon steel, creating a variegated look reminiscent of a Damascus-style blade.
- The unique combination of low- and high-frequency serrations guarantees unsurpassed performance.
- Low-frequency serrations help minimise resistance between blade and cutting board.
- High-frequency serrations reduce tearing when cutting soft-skinned foods (like tomatoes) or slicing through hard crusts.
- Durable PakkaWood handle resists moisture and has a D shape, to sit comfortably in the hand.
- NSF-certified knife meets the high-level hygiene standards for professional kitchens.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
Dimensions & More Info
- 18 cm-long blade.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a sharpener designed for a serrated blade, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
We offer four types of delivery (Small Parcel, Small Standard, Standard, Deluxe) determined by the products in your order. A product's delivery type is displayed under the "Stock Status" information on each product page online. Delivery charges are determined by your delivery destination and are charged per order. Multiple-product orders are charged according to the product with the highest delivery type. Sometimes products may arrive separately but you will only be charged one delivery fee per order. Also, products delivered separately may be sent via the delivery type of that product rather than the overall order.
Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes.
For pricing and further details, visit our Delivery Information Page.
NOTE: In some areas, we are unable to provide our full Deluxe service.