Shun Hikari 7-Piece Knife Block Set
Enter your postcode for estimated delivery cost.
Free delivery on orders over $149 (excluding furniture).
Named Hikari after the Japanese word for "illumination," the masterfully crafted, award-winning knives in this set are distinguished by their stunning birch PakkaWood handles and "hornet's nest" pattern. Extraordinarily sharp with a long-lasting edge, the blades have microserrations that reduce friction for clean, effortless slices that enhance the flavor of the food. The set includes five essential knives, as well as a dual-textured honing steel and solid birch block for eye-catching display and easy access.
- Shares the same award-winning construction as the Hikari chef's knife – named 2016's Kitchen Knife of the Year.
- Dual-core stainless steel blades are clad on each side with 71 micro layers of high-carbon, high-chromium stainless steel to create a "hornet's nest" pattern reminiscent of a Damascus-style blade.
- Exceedingly sharp cutting edges, hand-sharpened to a 16-degree angle, are long-lasting and easy to maintain.
- Polished bolster promotes a comfortable chef's grip.
- Durable birch PakkaWood handle resists moisture and bacteria and has a beautiful low-gloss finish.
- Embossed endcap adds beauty and balance.
- Handle offers a superb grip for both left- and right-handed users.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
7-Piece Set includes:
- 10cm paring knife
- 15cm utility knife
- 15cm chef's knife
- 20cm chef's knife
- 23cm bread knife
- 23cm honing steel
- 8-slot storage block
Dimensions & More Info
- 10cm Paring Knife: 10cm long blade, 13cm long handle; 95g.
- 15cm Utility Knife: 15cm long blade, 13cm long handle; 104g.
- 15cm Chef's Knife: 15cm long blade, 13cm long handle; 159g
- 20cm Chef's Knife: 20cm long blade, 14cm long handle; 218g.
- 23cm Bread Knife: 23cm long blade, 14cm long handle; 200g
- 23cm Honing Steel: 23cm long blade, 13cm long handle; 95g.
- Storage Block: 25cm x 8cm x 25.5cm high; 3175g.
- Knives made in Japan.
- Block and honing steel made in China.
Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
We offer four types of delivery (Small Parcel, Small Standard, Standard, Deluxe) determined by the products in your order. A product's delivery type is displayed under the "Stock Status" information on each product page online. Delivery charges are determined by your delivery destination and are charged per order. Multiple-product orders are charged according to the product with the highest delivery type. Sometimes products may arrive separately but you will only be charged one delivery fee per order. Also, products delivered separately may be sent via the delivery type of that product rather than the overall order.
Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes.
For pricing and further details, visit our Delivery Information Page.
NOTE: In some areas, we are unable to provide our full Deluxe service.