Shun Premier 5-Piece Knife Block Set
Enter your postcode for estimated delivery cost.
Free delivery on orders over $149 (excluding furniture).
The Shun Premier collection is distinguished by expertly hand-hammered blades that ensure impressive precision and control. Walnut-finished PakkaWood handles evoke the artistry of traditional hand-forged knives. This special set equips you with a trio of essential knives, along with a honing steel and space-saving storage block.
- Blades feature a core of VG-MAX "super steel" clad on each side with 34 microthin layers of stainless steel.
- Razor-sharp 16-degree blade edges ensure precise cutting with maximum control.
- The beautiful hand-hammered tsuchime finish reduces drag when cutting and helps to quickly release food from the blade.
- Full tang guarantees superb balance and ease of use.
- Walnut-finish PakkaWood handles offer a comfortable grip for both left- and right-handed users.
- Stainless-steel end caps embossed with the Shun logo add stability and strength.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
5-Piece Set includes:
- 10 cm paring knife
- 16 cm serrated utility knife
- 15 cm chef's knife
- Honing steel
- 6-slot bamboo block
Please note: Storage block is counted as an individual piece.
Dimensions & More Info
- 10 cm Paring Knife: 10 cm-long blade; 12 cm-long handle; 68 g.
- 16 cm Utility Knife: 16 cm-long blade; 12 cm-long handle; 91 g.
- 15 cm Chef's Knife: 15 cm-long blade; 16 cm-long handle; 153 g.
- Honing Steel: 23 cm-long rod; 13 cm-long handle; 300 g.
- Bamboo Block: 22 cm x 7.5 cm x 20 cm high; 482 g.
- Knives made in Japan.
- Block and honing steel made in China.
Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
We offer four types of delivery (Small Parcel, Small Standard, Standard, Deluxe) determined by the products in your order. A product's delivery type is displayed under the "Stock Status" information on each product page online. Delivery charges are determined by your delivery destination and are charged per order. Multiple-product orders are charged according to the product with the highest delivery type. Sometimes products may arrive separately but you will only be charged one delivery fee per order. Also, products delivered separately may be sent via the delivery type of that product rather than the overall order.
Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes.
For pricing and further details, visit our Delivery Information Page.
NOTE: In some areas, we are unable to provide our full Deluxe service.