Shun Sora Chef's Knife
Sora is Japanese for "sky," and the Shun Sora collection soars high in performance while offering down-to-earth value. With a traditional Japanese handle and blade shape, Sora knives deliver smooth, razor-sharp cutting and a lightweight feel that's easy to control. The composite blade reveals a beautiful wavy pattern characteristic of Japanese swordsmithing.
- Less curved than a Western chef's knife, for greater contact with cutting board and more efficient cutting.
- Blade features a VG-10 "super steel" core clad in stainless steel on each side for a san mai edge that is stain-resistant.
- Cutting edge is braze-welded to a mirror-polished Japanese steel upper, creating a traditional rippled pattern.
- Handle is a textured polymer blend for a secure grip and easy care.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
Dimensions & More Info
- 15 cm knife: 15 cm-long blade, 13 cm-long handle; 136 g.
- 20 cm knife: 20 cm-long blade, 15 cm-long handle; 193 g.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife except a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
We offer four types of delivery (Small Parcel, Small Standard, Standard, Deluxe) determined by the products in your order. A product's delivery type is displayed under the "Stock Status" information on each product page online. Delivery charges are determined by your delivery destination and are charged per order. Multiple-product orders are charged according to the product with the highest delivery type. Sometimes products may arrive separately but you will only be charged one delivery fee per order. Also, products delivered separately may be sent via the delivery type of that product rather than the overall order.
Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes.
For pricing and further details, visit our Delivery Information Page.
NOTE: In some areas, we are unable to provide our full Deluxe service.