Shun Classic Blonde 23 cm Bread Knife
High-performance Shun Classic knives are now available with a contemporary natural look. The Classic Blonde collection marries the exceptional Damascus-style blades of the Classic series with PakkaWood handles in a light-coloured wood tone. Featuring a VG-MAX super-steel core and microthin layers of stainless steel, this bread knife boasts wide, low-frequency serrations for razor-sharp slicing.
- VG-MAX super-steel blade is clad on each side with 34 microthin layers of stainless steel, creating variegated look reminiscent of Damascus-style blade.
- Serrated blade cuts easily through crusty bread and rolls without crushing delicate interiors.
- Exceptionally sharp cutting edge is long-lasting and easy to maintain.
- Blonde PakkaWood handle resists moisture and features D-shape to sit comfortably in hand.
- NSF-certified knife meets high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- 23 cm blade, 18 cm handle.
- 200 g
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Stainless steel bolster and end cap.
- Full-tang construction provides strength and balance.
- Double-bevel Japanese blade is hand sharpened to 16-degree angle on each side.
- PakkaWood is made of genuine hardwood infused with resin for moisture-resistance, strength and durability.
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal and glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Handwash with warm water and mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach and citrus extracts.
- In order to maximise the life of the blade, regular honing with a Shun steel is necessary. Weekly honing will extend the time between sharpening significantly. When the time comes to sharpen this blade, we recommend using a whetstone or taking it to a professional sharpener.
- Store knife in safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Taking care of our customers, employees and our service providers is our top priority.
We continue to follow current guidelines and restrictions set by the Australian government to ensure that we are doing all that is possible for our teams and community to remain protected, while continuing to serve our customers' needs in creating a comfortable and functional home.
Our Home delivery partners will maintain physical distancing, good hygiene and other critical steps throughout the delivery process. You will receive a text message in advance of your delivery which must be completed prior to the delivery to ensure the process is safe for both you and the drivers. Please ensure that the space for the delivery driver is clear and ready for the new product to be placed in your desired location.
If you are unwell at the time of your delivery, we would be happy to arrange for front-door service as an alternative.
We offer four types of delivery (Small Parcel, Small Standard, Standard, Deluxe) determined by the products in your order. A product's delivery type is displayed under the "Stock Status" information on each product page online. Delivery charges are determined by your delivery destination and are charged per order. Multiple-product orders are charged according to the product with the highest delivery type. Sometimes products may arrive separately but you will only be charged one delivery fee per order. Also, products delivered separately may be sent via the delivery type of that product rather than the overall order.
Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes.
Please note that not all products available for purchase online are offered in stores. To check in-store stock availability, please contact your local store.
For pricing and further details, visit our Delivery Information Page.
NOTE: In some areas, we are unable to provide our full Deluxe service.