Shun Hikari 17 cm Nakiri Knife
Named after the Japanese word for "illumination," the Shun Hikari collection is masterfully crafted with stunning birch PakkaWood handles and "hornet's nest" blade patterns. This nakiri is an agile, lightweight knife for precision slicing of fruit and vegetables.
- Shares the same award-winning construction as the Hikari chef's knife – named 2016's Kitchen Knife of the Year.
- Dual-core stainless-steel blades are clad on each side with 71 micro layers of high-carbon, high-chromium stainless steel to create a "hornet's nest" pattern reminiscent of a Damascus-style blade.
- Exceedingly sharp cutting edges, hand-sharpened to a 16-degree angle, are long-lasting and easy to maintain.
- Polished bolster promotes comfortable chef's grip.
- Durable birch PakkaWood handle resists moisture and bacteria, and has a beautiful low-gloss finish.
- Embossed end-cap adds beauty and balance.
- Handle offers superb grip for both left- and right-handed users.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- 17 cm blade, 15 cm handle.
- 213 g
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, you should not need to sharpen knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Taking care of our customers, employees and our service providers is our top priority. As the coronavirus (Covid-19) situation continues to evolve and after careful consideration, we have made the decision to suspend our Deluxe Delivery service in an effort to reduce the spread of coronavirus. We will continue to deliver our products via Small Parcel, Small Standard, and Standard delivery.
Additionally, our Small Standard and Standard Delivery service will no longer provide a room of choice delivery but instead will be delivered into your choice of either your home’s first room closest to your door or into your garage.
If you are unwell at the time of your Small Standard or Standard in-home delivery, we would be happy to arrange for front-door delivery service as an alternative.
We continue to follow current guidelines and restrictions set by the Australian government to ensure that we are doing all that is possible for our teams and community to remain protected, while continuing to serve our customers’ needs in creating a comfortable and functional home.
We offer four types of delivery (Small Parcel, Small Standard, Standard, Deluxe) determined by the products in your order. A product's delivery type is displayed under the "Stock Status" information on each product page online. Delivery charges are determined by your delivery destination and are charged per order. Multiple-product orders are charged according to the product with the highest delivery type. Sometimes products may arrive separately but you will only be charged one delivery fee per order. Also, products delivered separately may be sent via the delivery type of that product rather than the overall order.
Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes.
For pricing and further details, visit our Delivery Information Page.
NOTE: In some areas, we are unable to provide our full Deluxe service.