Shun Hinoki Chopping Board
Made by Japan’s leading blade manufacturer, these chopping boards protect the finest knives and help keep them sharp for years to come. The boards are made of Hinoki, a medium-soft wood that adeptly conceals minor cuts and scratches.
- Hinoki wood, or Japanese cypress, has natural antibacterial properties that make it ideal for kitchen prep work.
- The straight, subtle grain of Hinoki makes this stain-resistant board attractive enough for use at the table as well as in the kitchen.
- Hinoki wood is resistant to rotting and fungus growth, and has a naturally fresh citrus fragrance.
- Ideal cutting board for protecting the razor-sharpness of Shun knives.
- Made in Japan.
- Medium: 16" x 10 3/4" x 1/2" thick
- Large: 17 3/4" x 11 3/4" x 3/4" thick.
- Made in Japan.
- Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.
We are experiencing some delivery delays. Small Parcel Orders may take 5+ business days and Home Delivery Orders (Small Standard, Standard & Deluxe) 20+ business days, on top of our regular delivery schedule. Please see our Delivery Information Page for further details.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Taking care of our customers, employees and our service providers is our top priority. We continue to follow current guidelines and restrictions set by the Australian government to ensure that we are doing all that is possible for our teams and community to remain protected, while continuing to serve our customers’ needs in creating a comfortable and functional home.
Click & Collect
Some of our stores offer Click & Collect in-store pick-up options. To find out whether an item is eligible for you to collect at a store, check the product’s information page above. After you choose the item’s colour and/or size, you’ll be able to select a store for Click & Collect if the item is available. No delivery charges apply.
Please note that not all products available for purchase online are offered in stores. To check in-store stock availability, please contact your local store.
For pricing and further details, visit our Delivery Information Page.
NOTE: In some areas, we are unable to provide our full Deluxe service.