Shun Premier 8-Piece Set
The Shun Premier collection is distinguished by hand-hammered blades and walnut-coloured PakkaWood handles that evoke the artistry of traditional hand-forged knives. Handcrafted in Japan, the blades are thin and lightweight. This professional-quality set comes complete with six essential knives plus a honing steel and bamboo block for maintenance and storage.
- Blades feature a core of extremely hard VG-MAX "super steel" clad on each side with 34 microthin layers of stainless steel.
- Striking hand-hammered finish (tsuchime in Japanese) reduces drag when cutting and helps quickly release food from blade.
- Walnut-finish PakkaWood handles have 2-position design, providing a trigger grip for pull cuts and the perfect balance point for a pinch grip.
- Stainless-steel end caps embossed with the Shun logo add stability, strength and wide weight distribution from end to end.
8-Piece Set includes:
- 10 cm paring knife
- 14 cm santoku knife
- 17 cm utility knife
- 20 cm chef's knife
- 23 cm bread knife
- 24 cm slicing knife
- Combination honing steel
- 11-slot bamboo block
- Please note: Storage block is counted as an individual piece.
- 10 cm paring knife: 10 cm blade, 12 cm handle; 70 g
- 14 cm santoku knife: 14 cm blade, 15 cm handle; 155 g
- 17 cm utility knife: 17 cm blade, 13 cm handle; 90 g
- 20 cm chef's knife: 20 cm blade, 15 cm handle; 220 g
- 23 cm bread knife: 23 cm blade, 17 cm handle; 245 g
- 24 cm slicing knife: 24 cm blade, 16 cm handle; 295 g
- Honing steel: 23 cm rod, 13 cm handle; 300 g
- 11-slot bamboo block: 34 cm x 13 cm x 22 cm high.
- Knives made in Japan.
- Bamboo block and honing steel made in China.
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Handwash with warm water and mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- In order to maximise the life of the blade, regular honing with a honing steel will be necessary. Weekly honing will extend the time between sharpening significantly.
- With regular use and honing once a week, knives should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knives at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have them sharpened by a professional.
- Store knives in a safe place to protect edges and prevent injury.
Taking care of our customers, employees and our service providers is our top priority.
We continue to follow current guidelines and restrictions set by the Australian government to ensure that we are doing all that is possible for our teams and community to remain protected, while continuing to serve our customers' needs in creating a comfortable and functional home.
Our Home delivery partners will maintain physical distancing, good hygiene and other critical steps throughout the delivery process. You will receive a text message in advance of your delivery which must be completed prior to the delivery to ensure the process is safe for both you and the drivers. Please ensure that the space for the delivery driver is clear and ready for the new product to be placed in your desired location.
If you are unwell at the time of your delivery, we would be happy to arrange for front-door service as an alternative.
We offer four types of delivery (Small Parcel, Small Standard, Standard, Deluxe) determined by the products in your order. A product's delivery type is displayed under the "Stock Status" information on each product page online. Delivery charges are determined by your delivery destination and are charged per order. Multiple-product orders are charged according to the product with the highest delivery type. Sometimes products may arrive separately but you will only be charged one delivery fee per order. Also, products delivered separately may be sent via the delivery type of that product rather than the overall order.
Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes.
Please note that not all products available for purchase online are offered in stores. To check in-store stock availability, please contact your local store.
For pricing and further details, visit our Delivery Information Page.
NOTE: In some areas, we are unable to provide our full Deluxe service.