Sassafras Rectangular Covered Bread Baker
Duplicating the benefits of baking in a brick oven, the ceramic bread cloche turns out individual loaves with tender, moist interiors and crispy, evenly golden crusts. The unglazed clay absorbs heat to ensure even baking on all sides, while the porous surface absorbs moisture to give the crust a crispy bite. Use the cloche to both proof and bake your loaf for a classic bakery-style finish.
- Traditional unglazed stoneware cloche is made of thick, durable Superstone ceramic.
- Designed for proofing and baking in one vessel.
- Recipe and instruction booklet included.
- Made in China.
- 37 cm L x 14 cm W x 15 cm H (to top of handle).
- For oven use only.
- Clay will darken with use.
- Always start in a cold oven. Cloche should not be placed in a preheated oven, as it needs to slowly increase in temperature.
- Use mitts when removing hot cloche from the oven.
- Place hot cloche on a trivet or hot pad.
- Avoid rapid changes in temperature.
- To clean, rinse with warm water and scrub with a scouring pad.
- Do not wash with soap.
- Coat with cooking oil to season.
- Dry thoroughly before storing.
- Store in a dry, well-ventilated place.
Taking care of our customers, employees and our service providers is our top priority.
We continue to follow current guidelines and restrictions set by the Australian government to ensure that we are doing all that is possible for our teams and community to remain protected, while continuing to serve our customers' needs in creating a comfortable and functional home.
Our Home delivery partners will maintain physical distancing, good hygiene and other critical steps throughout the delivery process. You will receive a text message in advance of your delivery which must be completed prior to the delivery to ensure the process is safe for both you and the drivers. Please ensure that the space for the delivery driver is clear and ready for the new product to be placed in your desired location.
If you are unwell at the time of your delivery, we would be happy to arrange for front-door service as an alternative.
We offer four types of delivery (Small Parcel, Small Standard, Standard, Deluxe) determined by the products in your order. A product's delivery type is displayed under the "Stock Status" information on each product page online. Delivery charges are determined by your delivery destination and are charged per order. Multiple-product orders are charged according to the product with the highest delivery type. Sometimes products may arrive separately but you will only be charged one delivery fee per order. Also, products delivered separately may be sent via the delivery type of that product rather than the overall order.
Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes.
Please note that not all products available for purchase online are offered in stores. To check in-store stock availability, please contact your local store.
For pricing and further details, visit our Delivery Information Page.
NOTE: In some areas, we are unable to provide our full Deluxe service.